Saturday, June 20, 2009

Views on Islam

Here are some videos that will help people to better understand the Muslim world. These five videos are from a conference at which Reza Aslan and Irshad Manji talk about the religion and social problems in the Islamic world under the rubric of "Muslim reform". I find this discussion interesting although my personal view is that all organized religions are corrupt and dangerous.

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:


Part 5:


My view on this "debate": Reza Aslan sounds impressive but has no coherent view that fits into liberal ideals of the West. I distrust him. I absolutely love Irshad Manji. She has truly internalized the ideals of the West. She has something useful to say about reforming Islam.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I viewed the first 2 and then went to find out about Islam and the branches mentioned. I did find some very interesting blogs and information.. I will view the rest of the video series soon. I will get organized and share or see if you have read the pages that I ran across today..