Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hope

We've seen the Obama "Hope" balloon slowly deflate. Here is a Dylan Ratigan "Hope" that I would like to see float up. Near the end of this video he calls on the American voter to make historic change in the 2010 elections. I sure hope they do.


Toward the end of this clip there is a better discussion of US "politics" than you will normally ever see. Notice how Dylan Rattigan defines the "real political parties" in the US. If only the electorate would wake up and see this. And I am 110% behind his call for government to make a call for "aspirational" leadership, i.e. do things not because they are easy, but because they are hard and that will improve the future.

This clip has two people worth watching: Barry Ritholtz and Arianna Huffington. Both are rising in the new Internet age through their intelligent use of the new communication medium: the Internet.

The clip has lots of good solid discussion of the economic situation in the US, home prices, etc. Watch the clip. It is full of goodies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I mentioned this misdirect of blaming the parties in a comment on Robert Reich's blog, and as he says; the Republicans and Democrats are not even the real parties. I think this is a good video, thank you.

RYviewpoint said...

Thomas: I read Robert Reich's blog but I don't look at the comments. So I took a peek. Yikes!

A lot of ugly words. Obviously Robert Reich has a "hands off" approach to comments. My approach is to kill any comments that are offensive, crazy, or commercial.

I hope when you said "I would also suggest that we lock up all lobbyists." you were adding a rhetorical flourish and didn't literally mean it. Society doesn't undergo healthy change by "locking up" some segment of society. I have a tendency to use purple prose, but I try not to give in to urges to get bloodthirsty. It does nobody any good.

The only change worth having is peaceful, democratic, lawful change. Anything else just sows the seeds of future conflict.

Unknown said...

I know. I do like rhetorical flourish, but I am not very good at it. I should explain my flourishes.

Thank you for publishing my comments and if you don't like one or whatever; I understand. I would have linked your post, but I didn't have the opportunity of ask. I hope you don't mind when I link to your blog... let me know if you have conditions or..