Friday, August 28, 2009

Pollution and Creed

Here's an interesting story of a KKK man who met his match in a black preacher:



This is a video of Johnny Lee Clary. It is an interesting take on things in the American south. It is a wonderful tale of redemption. But I have a problem. Clary is still in the business of "selling". Seems to me if you make a monumental blunder like supporting the KKK and see the light, you would spend the rest of your life living quietly hoping to make amends. You don't go out and sell a new version of "the truth" all dressed up and ready to promote.

Clary seems like a nice enough guy and I wish him well. I just don't like guys trying to "sell" me some belief system. My personal take is that each of us is responsible for ourselves and we need to use reason, not some institution egging us on with "pre-packaged beliefs", to take responsibility for our own life and figure out how to live a truly good and useful life.

No comments: