Thursday, November 5, 2009

Al Gore the Preacher

I've got Charlie Rose running in the background and I'm hearing Al Gore drone on and on about "global warming". The guy gets on my nerves. He is an ideologue who wants to serve up scare stories to get major changes. These will be extremely costly. The poor will bear the burden. (Note: Al Gore preaches conservation, but he runs his mansion with all lights going and he jet sets around. He probably uses 200 times as much energy as an American in the bottom 50% of the population. But he is preaching to them to "tighten their belts". That enrages me. I hate the rich preaching to the poor telling them how to "fix their lives" when in fact the rich are wasteful and not willing to take their own prescribed medicine.)

I sure wish the public would wake up and realize they are being manipulated. I've seen this so many times in my life. I was suckered into believing the gloom and doom prophets back in the 1960s and 1970s, but I've learned my lesson. They are selling snake oil. They are disruptive to society. They preach big changes without any knowledge of the disruption their demands would cause.

I don't get why people listen to Al Gore. At one point in the Charlie Rose program he was ranting about "we only have 10 years to change..." and Charlie pointed out that this was the very same phrase Al Gore was saying 20 years ago. Al Gore chuckled at being caught, but it didn't phase him. It didn't stop him from ranting on.

How many years do you give a guy who says "do what I say or in 10 years you will be doomed"? He's had over 20 years. Do you give him 30 years? Maybe 40 years? Half a century? (He'll be dead by then, that will silence him.)

I would think the view of runaway global warming has had it time and is being pushed off the stage. It was too extreme. What is needed is real science. None of this political manipulation and lies. Sadly, no scientist in his right mind would dare come out against global warming. It would end his career. That is why only the scientists at the end of their career are willing to come out and publicly deny the extremism of the global warming crowd.

No comments: