Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Buy Signal for Houses

When Wall Street puts up talking heads to tell you that "owning a house is a bad idea" is the best signal I can imagine for indicating the bottom of the house price slide and the best time to get into the housing market.

If you listen to James Altucher it is pretty clear he was never a happy home owner and that has coloured his view of the advisability of owning versus renting. His points are sound, but he over-emotionalizes them and over-sells them. My best investment was my house. It did better than the stock market over the last 30 years.



I've learned to distrust everything I hear from the "business TV" programs. These guys are out to manipulate you and it is to your disadvantage. They are making money in the market and from their perspective you are just one of the money trees to be "harvested" by selling you some idea.

No comments: