Saturday, June 18, 2011

Getting Excited about Physics

I'm reading the book For the Love of Physics by Walter Lewin with Warren Goldstein which lets Lewin talk about his favourite subject: physics!



I'm only just started, but the book is a joy. And like any good book it has me antsy and headed off six-ways-to-Sunday all at once. Here's a bit of Lewin lore from YouTube:



I'm torn in many directions. I want to keep plunging through the book, but the book has me excited about the MIT OpenCourseWare which has the Walter Lewin physics lectures available on-line (Wikipedia details here). So half of me wants to read, half wants to run over and watch the courses, and of course "the other half" has me madly typing my excitment on the keyboard to post it on this blog.

I love the Internet. It makes such wonderful things possible. I'm going to be going a little crazy for the next few weeks with a surfeit of riches!

Oh... and of course YouTube means I can short circuit the lectures at the MIT site, and find bits and pieces like this lecture about the physics of rainbows and the colour of the sky:

No comments: